John Ward Prestige Realty
Our Office   |    53-55 Gladesville Road HUNTERS HILL NSW 2110
Ph: 02 9879 4422
Landlord Information
What is a property condition report?
This is a report that is compiled at the commencement of a tenancy prior to your tenant moving into the property. The Condition Report forms Part 2 of your Residential Tenancy Lease.

This report outlines the condition of the property at the commencement of the tenancy and is used to reference the general condition of the property when the tenant vacates to ensure that the property is left in the same condition when they moved in.


This is the last inspection carried out when a tenant has returned the keys and cleaned the property and is completed as soon as possible after the end of a tenancy.


The Property Condition Report is used, at this inspection, and each item is checked off to make certain that the property is in the same or near to condition (subject to normal wear and tear) as when the tenant took possession.


It is at this inspection that any items that need to be rectified by the tenant are identified, and the tenant is given the chance to rectify.
What is a Routine Inspection?
Routine inspections are conducted after a tenant takes possession of the property and are conducted every 6 months after tenant moves in. 

These inspections are essential to ensure that your property is being maintained to an acceptable standard and to identify any maintenance that may be required.


A written copy of the routine inspection report is accompanied with photos, and  is forwarded to you after each inspection, a member of the John Ward Prestige Realty Property Management team will then contact 02 9879 4422 you to discuss any issues or items noted in the report.
What happens when a tenant stops paying rent?
When a tenant falls behind in their rental payments they are issued with a warning letter notice advising them that they are a prescribed number of days behind, and requesting that they rectify the problem immediately. 

If this is not then rectified or money remains unpaid for more than 14 days then a termination notice is issued requiring them to vacate the premises within 14 days from date of issue.


If they have not paid rent between receiving the warning letter and receiving the official Termination Notice, then the agent applies to the NCAT tribunal for a hearing, to claim vacant possession, return of keys and reimbursement of unpaid rent to date the keys are handed to the agent.


Once the orders are made by the hearing member the orders are enforceable through law.
How do tenants pay their rent?
Tenants have a few options to pay their rent, leaving no excuse for late payments. - they are:

  • Bank cheque, or personal cheque or money order

  • Internet Banking through their chosen financial institution

  • Direct debit from their nominated bank account,

  • Bank deposit book we supply to tenant

we will supply the tenant with our account details to arrange an automatic transfer, or Bank slip with coded Agent number.


Most banking transfers are received into our trust account within 24 hours, however, cheques still take 2-3 business days to clear.
When does the rent money get paid into my account?
At the end of every month, all monies held, unless instructed otherwise, is paid to you by way of direct debit to your nominated bank account. 

A statement is issued and emailed to you at the same time outlining the debits and credits for that month.


Rent money is usually transferred to your nominated account on a fortnightly or monthly basis. You the Landlord nominate the cycle of transfer.
New Domestic Violence Tenancy Laws -Feb 2019
Family Profile House of love  Happy Family
New Domestic Violence Tenancy Laws –
Must read for all Landlords and Property Managers -8th Feb 2019

New tenancy reforms that better protect victims of domestic violence living in a rented property commence on the 28th of February 2019. The reforms are part of a number of tenancy amendments following the statutory review of the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 NSW. From the 28th of February 2019, a tenant will be able to end their tenancy immediately and without penalty if they or their dependent child are in circumstances of domestic violence.

The tenant will need to give the landlord or agent a domestic violence termination notice and attach one of the permitted forms of evidence:
• a certificate of conviction for the domestic violence.
• a family law injunction.
• a provisional, interim or final Domestic Violence Order.
• a declaration in the prescribed form made by a medical practitioner, such as a General Practitioner, physicians (doctors in a hospital) and all medical specialists (including surgeons, psychiatrists and paediatricians).
Each co-tenant must also be given a domestic violence termination notice (without any evidence attached). A landlord or any remaining co-tenant(s) will be able to apply to the Tribunal (NCAT) if they wish to dispute the validity of a domestic violence termination notice. The Tribunal can only examine whether the domestic violence termination notice was properly given under the tenancy laws. A landlord will not be able to dispute the contents of a declaration in any Tribunal proceedings, if it is used as evidence. For a medical practitioner to make a declaration, they must have consulted with the tenant giving the termination notice or the tenant’s dependent child in their professional capacity.

Certain other criteria, as set out in the Residential Tenancies Amendment (Circumstances of Domestic Violence) Regulation 2018 must also be met.

A tenant who ends their tenancy in circumstances of domestic violence will not be liable to pay any compensation or additional money (for example a break lease fee) for the early termination, and will not be liable for property damage caused by the perpetrator as part of a domestic violence incident. Other co-tenants at the property who are not the perpetrator will also not be liable for that damage. Only the perpetrator will be liable for any property damage caused by their violence.

What this means in reality, is that if the perpetrator does not reside at that specific property, then it becomes civil action from the landlord against the perpetrator. You, as the agent would suggest that the landlord contact their landlord protection insurance provider in relation to a “malicious damages claim”.

Victims of domestic violence will have the right to privacy and protection from discrimination to ensure that a victim’s ability to secure a rental property in the future is not negatively impacted, by a domestic violence termination:
• landlords and their agents will be prohibited from listing a tenant on a tenancy database if they ended a tenancy in circumstances of domestic violence.
• evidence that a tenant or their dependent child is in circumstances of domestic violence only needs to be given to the landlord or their agent and not to any remaining co-tenant(s).
• information disclosed in a domestic violence termination notice cannot be provided in a reference check by a property manager. Disclosure can only be made if permitted or compelled by law.
• the contents of a declaration made by a medical practitioner will not be reviewable by the Tribunal. After a tenant gives a domestic violence termination notice, a co-tenant who remains in the tenancy will be:
• able to apply to the Tribunal to end their tenancy
• entitled to a (2) two week period to only pay their share of the rent and will not be required to cover the departing victim’s share. This only applies if the remaining co-tenant is not the perpetrator of the domestic violence.
A co-tenant who is the perpetrator of the domestic violence will be required to pay the full cost of the remaining rent.

The new domestic violence laws and other related provisions are set to be reviewed within (3) three years of commencement to ensure that they are working effectively. ‘
Happy Family House of love